Workshop: Writing Hot, Delicious Love Scenes

Workshop: Writing Hot, Delicious Love Scenes
Date: TBA
Instructor: Nicole North
Fee: TBA
Do the love scenes or sex scenes in your romance novel lack that magical spark and sizzling heat that makes the reader go WHEW!!? The romance genre has exploded with bonfire-hot romance and erotic romance novels and novellas over the last few years. In this workshop we'll explore the many aspects of fantastic, hot and delicious love scenes, whether you write mildly sensual romance or erotic romance. We'll look at the best ways of writing those all-important love scenes that take your characters to the next level of their relationship.
Topics covered:
Leading up to sex
Interweaving emotion and sex
Differences between romance and erotic romance
Choosing your words
Kissing during sex
Sexy dialogue
Humor during sex
Sexual positions
Personalizing your love scenes
Sensual settings
Seducing the reader
The hero
The heroine
Fantasy
Historical vs. contemporary love scenes
Determining placement
Progression from one love scene to the next
Oral sex
Avoid sex cliches
Sex and conflict
Written and multimedia examples
Please note: this workshop does not deal with pure erotica or alternative lifestyles. The lessons and examples contain graphic language and frank discussions of sexuality. Only those age 18 and over are permitted to enroll.
This is an interactive online workshop with exercises and critique/ feedback from the instructor on your written love scene. Workshop will be conducted via a Yahoo group. Lessons will arrive at your email inbox.
To register and pay please visit www.paypal.com  and send payment to nicole@nicolenorth.com  (Please make sure my email address is exact.) Include the title of the workshop and your name/ email in the message area of the form. I'll send a confirmation when I receive your payment.
Thank you!!!

I prefer Paypal payments but if you need to send a money order, please email me at 
nicole@nicolenorth.com

I'm sorry, I don't accept personal checks.
Thank you!!

---

What students have said about my workshop, Writing Hot Delicious Love Scenes:


"Thank you, thank you, thank you!  This is the sixth sex scene workshop I've taken, and the first where I've had that critical ah-hah! moment. I've read a gazillion words about how to write a sex scene and nothing, but nothing, helped.

And then you diagrammed a scene (a great one, by the way!), picking apart the elements in living color. Finally, someone who gave us all the building blocks of an effective sex scene and showed precisely how to mix, match, and layer them. I get it! I finally get it! You are a goddess. :-)" ~McKenna Darby



What students have said about my workshop, Turn Up the Heat:


"There was so much to like. I thought the lessons were terrific - easily understandable, useful, and fun as well. The mix of text and video examples were wonderful -- teaching while entertaining. I learned so much. Your interactive teaching skills were equally as great (what energy! what kindness!) and I truly appreciated your insightful, instructive critiques. I think you have a knack for putting together a lesson that is well balanced, instructive, and just plain fun to read. This was one of the best workshops I have ever taken. Thank you so much, Nicole. You are a rare breed -- a talented writer, a superb teacher, and a kind person. I feel lucky to have been able to take your class. Thank you for the terrific learning experience."
~Alison


"Waaaaaoow.  Seriously, I've learned a phenomenal amount about good writing, not just the hot stuff. Nicole, you are an excellent editor without being harsh or overly critical. You were the real sparkplug for this workshop, and I will take any that you offer in the future." ~Bart

"I really enjoyed this workshop.  It's only my first one so I have no real basis of comparison, but I think it's been a blast! I really looked forward to each new lesson and writing 'challenge.' There was a lot of info in each lesson, but the timing was good - i.e. a few days to process each one and apply it worked very well for me."
~Allison

"Because of this workshop, and the excellent info, feedback and support, I was able to complete my first chapter, map out subsequent chapters, and actually make a tangible move to get going on my story. I have already recommended your workshops to all the authors I know, even the ones already published.  I have already signed up for another of your workshops as well.  Personally, I think you are a gifted writer and instructor, and I would be tempted to take any workshop you offered. " ~La-Tessa

"I felt comfortable sharing my work and feel that many scenes from my manuscript are much better from taking the class. I truly appreciate the amount of time you've invested in this workshop."
~Sara

"[I liked] the fact that you were extremely positive, but also honest with us.  When my scene wasn't up to par, and you told me that, that was the most helpful thing you could have done.  You didn't wimp out, but instead tried to help me fix the problem. Sign me up for ANYTHING you teach, the moment you even think about it!  You have the patience of a saint and have done so much to make us all better, more polished writers.  Since I'm a new writer, and this was my first workshop, I had no idea what to expect. Needless to say it's far exceeded my expectations. But judging by the comments of everyone here, this has been a unique experience for ALL of us. Nicole's constant attention, detailed instruction, personal concern, and genuine interest in all of us, and our writing, has really been remarkable." ~Chris